Tuesday 9 April 2013

Our dogs and my first test with the new Nikon 7100 SLR

I have tried out my new Nikon 7100 on our dogs in and outside the house. I still have to learn how to work with the camera so all pictures were taken in auto mode. On request of a few people who knew I bought a new camera and regularly ask about it, I am publishing a few pictures earlier than foreseen.

The small black Shi Tzu is Tommie and the Golden Retriever is Tessa. These are our dogs. The little brown one is from our parents who were visiting us. I am very pleased with the sharpness and brightness of the pictures. With my previous compact camera it was impossible to take sharp pictures of moving objects. So I am happy with my purchase.

Ik heb mijn nieuwe Nikon 7100 uitgeprobeerd op onze honden in en buiten het huis. De mogelijkheden van het toestel zijn me echter nog niet duidelijk en daardoor zijn de foto's in auto modus getrokken. Op verzoek van enkele mensen die wisten dat ik een nieuwe camera gekocht had en er regelmatig naar vragen, publiceer ik enkele foto's vroeger dan voorzien. 

De kleine zwarte Shi Tzu is Tommie en de Golden Retriever is Tessa. Dit zijn onze honden. De kleine bruine hond is van onze ouders die op bezoek waren. Ik ben zeer blij met de scherpte en belichting van de foto's. Met mijn vorig compact fototoestel was het niet mogelijk scherpe foto's te maken van bewegende objecten. Dus ben ik blij met mijn aankoop. 
 
Shi Tzu

Shi Tzu

Shi Tzu

Shi Tzu

Shi Tzu

Shi Tzu

Golden Retriever Show line

Golden Retriever Show line

Golden Retriever Show line

Golden Retriever Show line

Previous Dogs article: Watersports and dogs having fun on Bonita Beach, Florida

Return to main page

15 comments:

  1. leuke woefjes hebben jullie
    zeker de golden retriever!
    en je nieuwe fototoestel doet het supergoed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice camera Filip! You will love to use it with all the possibilities beside the auto modus.
    Like the doggies! The brown one has funny teeth :-)

    Liebe Grüße,
    Pia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je eerste foto's, Filip ?! Met goed resultaat !
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always so exciting to get a new camera! And your sweet dogs are the perfect subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. leuke serie! mijnabsolute lieveling is Tessa, ij hebben immers ook een Golden Retriever (een iets bruinere versie). super lieve honden zij het die retrievers!
    groetjes, Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the purchase of a Nikon. Very good camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are great Filip! I know that you are going to be so pleased with this camera. I had my first dslr which was a D 5000 for over a year before I even tried anything but automatic. Finally went to the grand canyon and started gradually using all manual. Very nice shots that you got though, and your "puppies" are just adorable!
    When you are ready to try something besides automatic, let me know and I will give you some hints. Once you get the hang of it, the manual settings really give you alot of leeway on what you do. Great start here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gefeliciteerd met je nieuwe camera Filip. Dit is al een geweldige serie en jullie honden en ook die hond van je ouders zijn heel mooi. Goed tijdstip voor de aankoop van een nieuwe camera, nu kan je nog even oefenen en je bent dan perfectionist op jullie volgende reis naar Spanje. Groetjes Dietmut

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautifully pose for pictures, congratulations! I love dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A new camera - I'm excited for you, Filip! Now you will get a crick in your neck from carrying it around. The dogs are sweet. I particularly like the last photo of Tessa. Her coat is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the new camera.
    But I did not notice the difference, your picture is always so good.
    Have a happy day.
    orvokki

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun to have a new camera, and I bet you have been clicking away experimenting! All photos are lovely but I am partial to the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Je bent er lekker mee bezig, de 2de opname is zo lief.
    De oogjes wow!

    Heel veel plezier met je nieuwe camera, je gaat er vast en zeker veel plezier aan beleven.
    Groetjes Cristien.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leuke foto's, de laatste is de beste.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are enjoying your new camera, you have some really lovely dogs in your family.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.